Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Elsie14
Advocate I
Advocate I

Expression.Error: The column '<ColumnTitle>' of the table wasn't found

I have a question regarding refreshing my dataset.

My first dataset contained a fixed amount of colums for which I edited a couple of queries. In my refreshed/new dataset a column was added. When I refreshed the dataset, I got the error message which is mentioned in the title.

It seems that the most right column does not appear in the new dataset causing the column not to be found. It looks like Power BI sets a fixed amount of columns according to the original datasets and if columns gets added in the refreshed dataset, it just forgets to import the most right column. Something like this:

Original dataset:

ColumnHeader1      ColumnHeader2     ColumnHeader3     ColumnHeader4     ColumnHeader5

New Dataset:

ColumnHeader1     ColumnHeader2     NewlyAddedHeader    ColumnHeader3     ColumnHeader4

Which results in ColumnHeader5 to be erased en consequently not refreshed right. 

My question is: how can I fix this without having to delete all my query edits?

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.