Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression.Error: The column 'Amount' of the table wasn't found

I know there have been topics on this error, but I've reviewed them and they haven't been helpful.  I am trying to add a custom column with the absolute value of column "Amount".

Step 1:

PBI1.JPG

Step 2 (causing the error):

PBI2.JPG

Based on other threads it would seem to be a typo, however, that doesn't seem to be the case here.  Additionally, I have 4 Excel files like this that I'm importing with the same steps - 2 work and 2 don't.

Much obliged for any ideas.

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you can please share a pbix file with excel files for test, it is hard to troubleshoot from snapshot.

In addition, any data structure changes on your datasoruce side? If a new data structure cannot match with the old structure(cached in query steps), it will also cause the issue. (invoke missing table fields)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.