Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DL123
Frequent Visitor

Exporting underlying data from visuals

Hi all,

Is it posible to export underlying data when selecting a specific data point in visuals.

For example, in this line graph below- I only want the underlying data for the cases in April (133).

When i click on April, the visual line graph and card visual updates to show 133 cases , however when i export the underlying data it still gives me detail for all the months (April-March 1726). 

Is it possible to only extract the underlying data for the month/s that i have drilled down to?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Right Click on the data point and use see records option from the menu. In Show data, you have the option to export.

That will download underlying data.

Make sure the Screenshot 2019-10-22 09.07.59.pngScreenshot 2019-10-22 09.07.24.pngScreenshot 2019-10-22 07.41.56.pngsetting is enabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Right Click on the data point and use see records option from the menu. In Show data, you have the option to export.

That will download underlying data.

Make sure the Screenshot 2019-10-22 09.07.59.pngScreenshot 2019-10-22 09.07.24.pngScreenshot 2019-10-22 07.41.56.pngsetting is enabled.

Thanks @amitchandak for the response. I can see that this method works for graphs where there the data is a is number, but I couldn't get the underlying data when the value is percentage. Do you know if this possible to do this?

Many thanksbar graph.png

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DL123 ,

Based on this documentIf you applied filters to the visualization, the exported data will export as filtered. But drilldown is not supported to filter exported data, we suggested add a slicer or filter when you want to export part of underlying data.

4.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.