Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbjohnson
Helper I
Helper I

Exporting table to Excel from published report

I have a report with a Table as one of its visuals. My customer is wanting to export that table to Excel from the published report. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this or how to provide them with a way to get the data in Excel from that published report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your in th dashboard, hover over the ... at the top/left of the window:

tmp01.png

click the arrow to open the Report:

tmp02.png

click the ... to export to CSV:

tmp03.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dtartaglia
Resolver I
Resolver I

If the customer opens the report (not dashboard), they should be able to export to CSV.

I'm not seeing any way to do that. How does this work?

Click the ellipsis for the visual there should be an export option.

If your in th dashboard, hover over the ... at the top/left of the window:

tmp01.png

click the arrow to open the Report:

tmp02.png

click the ... to export to CSV:

tmp03.png

the ellipse is not visible at the top/right of the dashboard until you hover over the location.

My apologies...didn't explain this fully I think. By published report, I mean the public one that anybody can see. I'm not seeing an elipsis anywhere.

If the report is published to the Power BI Service then hover over a visual in the report (NOT a dashboard) and you should see the ellipsis in the top right of the Visual area.

VisualEllipsis.JPG

It depends if the customer is seeing the dashboard or the report initially. Users can get to the report as per my previous screen captures.

@dtartaglia  Yes your answer is more complete than mine, I made the assumption that they were in the report (which quite possibly they are not!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors