I’m trying to export data from Power BI using R. I’ve tried to follow http://www.thebiccountant.com/2015/12/28/how-to-export-data-from-power-bi-and-power-query/
However I’m getting an error message:
The steps that I’ve used:
1. Create new report (page1)
2. Choosing two columns (BLNumber, ChrgWeight) from table (PS_total)
3. Applying R script visual
4. Getting the R script editor
5. Pasting this code: write.table(trim(dataset), file=”Libraries/Documents/R-test.txt”, sep = “\t”, row.names = FALSE);
6. When pressing the Run script, I’m getting the Error message and file R-test.txt is still blank
Can anyone please help me?
As I tested, you need to grant the permisson for "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" and "ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES" on that text file security.
Then that R script should work.
require(gdata) write.table(trim(dataset), file="/Program Files/R/R-3.3.3/1.txt", sep = "\t", row.names = FALSE) plot(dataset);
@v-sihou-msft yes, but I would like to try exporting the data as automated as possible i.e. as little hands on as possbile. So idea was to schedule a report refresh doing this automated.
Are there any limitations exporting the data as you describe?