Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

syasmin25
Helper V
Helper V

Exporting data is not showing all the rows

Hello, 

I am trying to export data from Power BI, however my export does not contain all the row level for the department that I am trying to. My Data in Power BI shows 1976 rows for the department whereas, my export has 1836 rows. Also, I tried to search for specific product purchases for that department to see where my row count is missing. And one of them had 50 rows difference. However, when I went through checkin gif all the IDs were there, it actually was. I guess I am a little confused. Has anyone else come across issues such as this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @syasmin25 

There are some limitations when exporting data from a visual, you can refer to this article

• The maximum number of rows that can be exported from Power BI Desktop and Power BI service to .csv is 30,000.

• The maximum number of rows that can be exported to .xlsx is 150,000.

• When using DirectQuery, the maximum amount of data that can be exported is 16 MB. This may result in exporting less than the maximum number of rows, especially if there are many columns, data that is difficult to compress, and other factors that increase file size and decrease number of rows exported.

• If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported.

In your scenario, please check if you hit one of the limitation. If not, please clarify "I have this bug in multiple reports where when you export a table less than half of the rows are actually included in the excel file". If possible, please share a issued report with us to reproduce the issue. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Bikash7787

I had same problem. Please check your transformation there might be duplicate data. Remove the duplicate and you will get the correct number on dashboard as well as on report. 

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @syasmin25 

There are some limitations when exporting data from a visual, you can refer to this article

• The maximum number of rows that can be exported from Power BI Desktop and Power BI service to .csv is 30,000.

• The maximum number of rows that can be exported to .xlsx is 150,000.

• When using DirectQuery, the maximum amount of data that can be exported is 16 MB. This may result in exporting less than the maximum number of rows, especially if there are many columns, data that is difficult to compress, and other factors that increase file size and decrease number of rows exported.

• If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported.

In your scenario, please check if you hit one of the limitation. If not, please clarify "I have this bug in multiple reports where when you export a table less than half of the rows are actually included in the excel file". If possible, please share a issued report with us to reproduce the issue. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

I had tried all of the helpful comments but I was not able to see all the data in either excel or csv, about 200 rows with all connections set to import.

In my case, what worked was to add a row number to the table connection and adding the column to the visual table. Forcing the visual table to show the row number for all records. I was able to add it in the back-end using sql (i.e. ROW_NUMBER() over(order by [Column])). Just wanted to add it to the comments in case someone finds this useful.

Cheers

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@syasmin25 

I think you have about 60 duplicated rows in your data

you can try to find it by setting Do not aggregate in fields settings in Vizualization pane or using data view in Data model left tab

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

I have manually counted the rows that are exporting with the table visual in power bi and it is both 28 rows. However, PowerBI says that it is 35 rows even though it was showing 28 rows.

I have made sure that none of my tables are aggregating the data. It still does not match the row count for the department.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.