Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exported to PowerPoint is limited to one page long

Hello,

I have generated Power BI report and published to Power BI service. From there I am trying to export it to Power Point.

But in Power BI report, some visuals are longer than one page, however when exported to Power Point, the slice has only the first page.

How to export the entire visual to Power Point? 

it is the same exporting to PDF.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, that is by design and no way to change it. If you need to display a large amount of data, I think the best way is to use a paginated report if you have a premium capacity. 

Paginated reports in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you don’t have one, you can only display data in multiple pages or visuals through slicer or filter.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @Anonymous 

Not quite understand what you mean. If the length of a visual exceeds one page, how do you display it on one page in PBI Service.

v-janeyg-msft_0-1620118261910.png

You can copy an image of a visual from Power BI to your clipboard, and paste it into other applications (available in the Power BI service and mobile, unavailable in Power BI Desktop).

Copy and paste a visualization in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

You can also pin the visual to a new dashboard and distribute to users.

Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you still need help, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

in Power BI service, if the visual is longer than one page, you can scroll up and down to see all the content. But when it gets exported to Power Point Slice, it is only an image with the first page content. you cannot scoll up/down.

Hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, that is by design and no way to change it. If you need to display a large amount of data, I think the best way is to use a paginated report if you have a premium capacity. 

Paginated reports in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you don’t have one, you can only display data in multiple pages or visuals through slicer or filter.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or alternatively, can I export that specific visual to an excel file so that I can send to other team members because not all my team memebers has access to Power BI.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 
Can you check if you have ticked the "Only Export current page" option? If so, untick and try

Fowmy_0-1619889854008.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is not checked.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.