Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to excel

Hi!

I try export to excel(not csv)

but I can only choose csv format.

and when I export I get abracadabra.
All data in one column. This is not a csv format.

How to correctly export to xslx format or correct csv?ExportToExcel.pngExportToExcel2.pngExportToExcel3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

Based  on my test, I find that when you export data in desktop, and open it by Excel, it should work well, I saw this show correct in different columns in Excel. In addition, if you want to this export to Excel, I think you need to publish this in service, where you could export it in Excel format

639.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

Based  on my test, I find that when you export data in desktop, and open it by Excel, it should work well, I saw this show correct in different columns in Excel. In addition, if you want to this export to Excel, I think you need to publish this in service, where you could export it in Excel format

639.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

everlena
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous,

From what I know that's the only straighforward option to export data from visual in Power BI Desktop. 
To get the data in the right format 

1. after you open this .csv file in Excel, select the column A where the data is
2. choose Text to Columns from Data tab

3. select Delimited and then choose the right delimiter

Anonymous
Not applicable

and what can be done with cyrillic characters?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.