Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

will2018
Regular Visitor

Export to excel or csv using R script without limits

You cannot use normal export in PowerBI desktop without hitting limits

Can I set up an R script to produce visualization, and then export the data with R script without limits ?

I have about numerous rows and columns that breaks normal export limit in PowerBI Desktop

Will2018

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @will2018,

Currently Export Data with a R visual is not supported:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-export-data#limitations-and-consideratio...

If it could help you, don't forget to close this topic.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @will2018,

Based on my research, in R visual, there have a view limitations in the R visual, the data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image.

You could refer to below link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-r-visuals#known-limitations

And I have asked the Product Group if the R visual could export data without limits, if there is any news, I will reply you in time.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.