Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samantha
Frequent Visitor

Export to excel in cross tab

Hi

I have created a report as shown below and I would like to export the report exactly the same visual to excel. 

I have seen it is possible in Tableau, is it possible in Power BI? if yes, how can I do it?

Any help is much appreciated.

crosstab.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft v-caliao-msft
Microsoft

Re: Export to excel in cross tab

@Samantha,

In Power BI, we cannot export the report exactly the same visual to excel. When exporting to execel, it only export report data. If you want to exporet 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-powerpoint

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jthomson Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Can you crop your image, it's so small with all the needless white space it's impossible to see anything

Microsoft v-caliao-msft
Microsoft

@Samantha,

In Power BI, we cannot export the report exactly the same visual to excel. When exporting to execel, it only export report data. If you want to exporet 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-publish-to-powerpoint

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

incicelikozu

Hi, I exactly have the same question. Copying any table from Power BI dashboard and paste into excel as crosstab is very crucial function for us, and makes our life easier. (It is possible in Tableau). When is it going to be released and be possible in Power BI? Many thanks.

vinod_raj6
Regular Visitor

Hi Team,

We are looking for similar feature in PowerBI where most of our users extract data in excel based on the cross tab calculation. 

We see the solution is not complete by placing a screen shot of cross tab in PowerPoint.

Could you please provide a solution or add this feature in PowerBI for cross tab data extraction to excel.

If this feature will be added, any time estimation that in which release it will be available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'd like to see this functionality too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors