Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JMacD

Export to PDF

When I go to export, then click on PDF - Nothing happens? I have also enabled "Allow end user to export both summarized and underlying data from the service or report" and still nothing. Can anyone help maybe I need to enable something else? It worked fine last week and then Monday nothing?

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JMacD ,

Here are some limitations and considerations in 'export to PDF':

• Reports larger than 500 MB currently can't be exported.
  • The process of exporting the report to PDF might take a few minutes to complete, so be patient. Factors that can affect the time required include the structure of the report and the current load on the Power BI service.
  • If the Export to PDF menu item isn't available in the Power BI service, it's likely because your Power BI admin disabled the feature. Contact your admin for details.
  • Background images are cropped with the chart's bounding area. We recommend that you remove background images before you export to PDF.
  • Reports that are owned by a user outside your Power BI tenant domain, such as a report owned by someone outside your organization and shared with you, can't be published to PDF.
  • If you share a dashboard with someone outside of your organization, and thereby, a user who isn't in your Power BI tenant, that user can't export the shared dashboard's associated reports to PDF. For example, if you're aaron@contoso.com, you can share with cassie@northwinds.com. But cassie@northwinds.com can't export the associated reports to PDF.

Reference:Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Can you share the screenshot of 'print requests' you said? So we can help you soon.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @JMacD ,

Just tested and this works for me. I do not have  "Allow end user to export both summarized and underlying data from the service or report" enabled.  I am doing this from an report that we have published to an app in the service.  Maybe try refreshing your browser.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors