Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kadapavel
Helper II
Helper II

Export to PDF with Play Axis

Hello,

Is it possible to export to PDF or PPT and keep a scatter plot play axis selected/frozen?

Capture.PNG

Pavel

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@kadapavel not sure what you mean? Can you provide more detail?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hello parry2k,

When I click on the point on the scatter plot where month are on Play Axis. I see where the point was in the last months, that is great. Next what I would like to do is to print the report and show the path to my customer. But view is reset and on extracted PDF I see only last point.

Br. Pavel 

@kadapavel so if you have month on play axis, you want to see where the point was every month?

correct?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi parry2k,

When month is on the Play Axix I can see where the point was and I can see connection between them, correct, there is no problem at all. 

I would like to print it and have the path on the paper. When I click extract to pdf it resets the view, it is same if I go to another tab and return, view is reset and in order to see the path I would need to click the point again.

Br Pavel

@kadapavel you cannot use play axis but rather you should put month on Detail section of the visual and turn the Category on

image.png

image.png

Hi parry2k,

It was trided already, when the month column is on detail feild, there are no connections between points, user would need to connect them together themselves... Extra effort..

Another aspect, normally I have a "fleet" or product type in details.

Hi @kadapavel ,

It's impossible to achieve your needs completely in current version (2.78.5740.721 64-bit (February 2020))

Maybe you can submit an idea .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@kadapavel  why you are scatter chart, cannot you use line chart , are you showing two values and that's why you are using scatter chart. Can you show the snapshot of how your scatter chart visual looks like. seems like it is wrong visual for what you trying to achieve.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.