Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PDF page background issue

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to get some confirmation around this  - I've seen some older posts from when the feature was released saying that using Page Background would result in an exported PDF that contains that background (but NOT the wallpaper), and documentation says nothing about Page Background, only wallpaper 

.. My experience is that regardless of Page Background (and its transparency), I always get a white background when exporting to PDF. This is a problem as almost all my reports are against a dark background with white text...

I have a workaround by using a 1280x720 label with its' background set to dark, but there's still some white edges along the tops and bottoms when exporting to PDF.

Was the feature rolled back to not include Page backgrounds anymore or is there something I'm missing when trying to do this?

Thanks!

Sancho

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @iAm_ManCat ,

I tried two versions( 2020 Apr & 2020 Jun). All of them cannot export page background.

1-0.PNG1-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Thanks for confirming @v-eachen-msft - glad to know its not just me.

I can keep using my workaround for now (a page-size label in background with its background color set), it's not ideal but it works for the moment.

Cheers,

Sancho

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Signore_Ands
Advocate II
Advocate II

This worked for me:
Set [Page Background > Image Fit] to Fit
Export to PDF issue - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hi @amitchandak 

Unfortunately, neither of those refer to my issue, the first link is aboutdashboards, and the second link is about printing from the browser, whereas I am referring to exporting a report to PDF and losing the Page Background when doing so.

Could you please confirm whether you are experiencing the same issue:

create a new report, set page background, publish this to the web and then choose export to PDF option  - do you see the page background when exporting?

Many Thanks,

Sancho

Hi @iAm_ManCat ,

I tried two versions( 2020 Apr & 2020 Jun). All of them cannot export page background.

1-0.PNG1-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @iAm_ManCat,

just had the same issue.

There are two ways to set an image in the presentation - Canvas background and Wallpaper. First I had it set in Wallpaper and PDF was coming up blank. I set it now on Canvas background with transparency set at 0% and it is solved.

PDF now comes with the expected background image.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Thanks for confirming @v-eachen-msft - glad to know its not just me.

I can keep using my workaround for now (a page-size label in background with its background color set), it's not ideal but it works for the moment.

Cheers,

Sancho

Well still having the same issue but what I did is to group each any every part of dashboard like graphs table and title and every thing and group it and then once its all group into one I click on it and change the background to black hope you understand and its working fine for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.