Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FrancisM
Regular Visitor

Export to PDF (or Powerpoint) on an iterative loop based on a slicer

Hi,

I have a 1 page report connected to a 50 entities slicer. I am trying to get a 50 pages document by activating each entity of the slicer one at a time and printing the page into the final document. Is there a way of doing this without having to go 50x through the export function?

Thank you,

Francis F. Morin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FrancisM ,

Based on my research, Power BI doesn't support it currently.

There is a silimar idea which you can vote up: Export to PDF All Records Individually.

Or, you can create a new idea on Power BI Ideas

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Power BI.
What's more, if a feedback is highly voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FrancisM ,

Based on my research, Power BI doesn't support it currently.

There is a silimar idea which you can vote up: Export to PDF All Records Individually.

Or, you can create a new idea on Power BI Ideas

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Power BI.
What's more, if a feedback is highly voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

This is definitely a job for Power BI Report Builder.  With it, you can easily generate your 50-page document, using your already published Power BI dataset.  Please see this video playlist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78TZeiEhveY&list=PLx7LcKtN_gq-JVzM6L8xNNxX7kts-KflJ

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi @mahoneypat ,

Can you elaborate on how you would use PowerBI Report Builder to do this?

Thank you,

Frnacis

Please watch the proposed video series to see demos of how to use Report Builder, but it exactly addresses your need I believe.  Create and publish a Power BI dataset as usual, then connect to it with the free Power BI Report Builder.  It is a different build experience, but it is very powerful/flexible.  You can design your page with tables, charts, etc., and easily set a page break on the field you are using as a slicer.  You can then run the report, which will generate your multi-page PDF (other export options available too).

If you have a premium capacity, you can also then publish your paginated report, so consumers can run it too and/or subscribe to it in their email.

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.