Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBIDAX
Frequent Visitor

Export to PDF greyed out on Power Desktop

Hello,

Since Dec 2021 update the Export to PDF option has been greyed out on Power Desktop. 

This happened on both the Jan and Feb 2022 updates.

Several people have logged the issue, but the best reply has been to revert to Dec 2021 update.

Is there a solution coming down the track from MS?

PBIDAX_0-1648009933796.png

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIDAX ,

There're some limitations about exporting to PDF, please kindly refer to

Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

vstephenmsft_2-1648805184500.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jennymg
Frequent Visitor

Have you checked you have the latest version of WebViewer2? This resolved the problem for me.

@jennymg thanks, I think you're on the right track.

According to MS article,

Power BI Desktop Installer Changes & WebView2 | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

point 4) "If you install Power BI Desktop using the .exe installer, we will install WebView2 on your machine"

I've been using the .exe installer but I think MS has forgotten to add WebView2 for both Jan and Feb 2022 updates....

If I can't get confirmation/reply from MS, I'll look at other options for installing (but they'll require approval from IT etc.)

Thanks again

Hope you got it fixed. My Power BI is installed via the Microsoft Store so I was on the latest version of Power BI Desktop but WebViewer hadn't been updated for a while. Once the latest version of WebViewer was installed I was then able to export to PDF.

You can also untick the setting below and you should be able to export

jennymg_0-1648636702863.png

PBIDAX
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak thanks for quick reply. 

The option "Export to PDF" was greyed-out when I updated to Jan 2022 & then again in Feb 2022 update. Both times I had to uninstall Power BI Desktop and reinstall Dec 2021 update to get that option to work again.

It does not matter whether I'm signed-in or out, the option is greyed-out.

Several people have reported it but MS seems to "resolve" the issues without a solution.

Solved: Export to PDF has been disabled in Power BI deskto... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Re: Export to PDF - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks again

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PBIDAX , It is enabled for me. I do not see any setting to disable on the desktop. Hope you are logged in power bi desktop. and then check.

Check and log an issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.