Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to PDF clipping images?

Hey everyone -- does anyone know why the new export to PDF function is clipping my images in the final PDF? Examples here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aKJiJYW7UYFH0V5OWY3_MD7zI8ay2Qms

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous,

By my tests, it seems that you have the similar issue with this thread.

I have reported this issue internally. CRI: 80703747. Please wait for some time, product team is working on this problem and it would be fixed later.

I will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous, @v-piga-msft

I have been doing quite a lot of testing on this and it seems there are 3 similar scenarios:

1) Images are clipped

2) Pages are shrunk, as if zoomed out

3) Pages are clipped on all sides, as if zoomed in. 

I have only experienced issues 1 and 3 and can report the following:

• Only managed to reproduce on reports over 7 pages (up to 40% failure rate on a report with 44 pages)
  • The image clipping one seems to be resolved if you start the export whilst looking at the page with the image on. However, we have one report with an image on the first and last pages: If you start the export on the first page, that image is fine but the last is clipped (And the other way round, if you start the export on the last page, that one is OK but the first is clipped). 
  • Workaround has worked (but is not an option in many cases) by setting a custom page size and progressively reduce the pixels and re-work the page layout until it exports correctly (this is the 'solution' I got as a response to my support ticket). We have resolved one case with this but needed to configure each page individually, not convenient as we have another 25 reports with 40 pages each... don't fancy manually setting all the pages sizes).
  • Many times the pages with error appear to be complete random.

Regards, 

Matt

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jdkfk
Regular Visitor

Hi there, 

Still having this issue. Is it that difficult to let the pages load for some seconds while generating de pdf?

@v-piga-msft can you update the status of this issue?

Regards, 

Lucas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! Hope this can be addressed in the next update.

JeffJ60
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. Exporting to PDF results in a random assortment of correct and stretched views. The specific pages where stretched (for me) did not share common vsualizations. (Not all instances of Matrix, or Waterfall were wonky - they varied between pages and efforts.) Also, the specific pages impacted varies per download attempt (page 5 OK, then not OK).

Thanks for your attention on this.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have this issue for the default page size or other page size?

In addition, what's the source of the image, the local image or the image url?

Please describe your scenario in more details. 

If it it convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-piga-msftHi Cherry -- thanks for the response! I've uploaded the pbix here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aKJiJYW7UYFH0V5OWY3_MD7zI8ay2Qms?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous,

By my tests, it seems that you have the similar issue with this thread.

I have reported this issue internally. CRI: 80703747. Please wait for some time, product team is working on this problem and it would be fixed later.

I will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,

Cherry

Is there an update on this fix? I am still having issues using 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023). My pbix report page size is set to letter, but it's cropping badly during export.

Hi @Anonymous, @v-piga-msft

I have been doing quite a lot of testing on this and it seems there are 3 similar scenarios:

1) Images are clipped

2) Pages are shrunk, as if zoomed out

3) Pages are clipped on all sides, as if zoomed in. 

I have only experienced issues 1 and 3 and can report the following:

• Only managed to reproduce on reports over 7 pages (up to 40% failure rate on a report with 44 pages)
  • The image clipping one seems to be resolved if you start the export whilst looking at the page with the image on. However, we have one report with an image on the first and last pages: If you start the export on the first page, that image is fine but the last is clipped (And the other way round, if you start the export on the last page, that one is OK but the first is clipped). 
  • Workaround has worked (but is not an option in many cases) by setting a custom page size and progressively reduce the pixels and re-work the page layout until it exports correctly (this is the 'solution' I got as a response to my support ticket). We have resolved one case with this but needed to configure each page individually, not convenient as we have another 25 reports with 40 pages each... don't fancy manually setting all the pages sizes).
  • Many times the pages with error appear to be complete random.

Regards, 

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.