Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to Excel

We have received feedback from users that they are having issues with exporting data (both summarized and underlying ) into excel.  They are receiving the following error message:

"Error Exporting Data

Sorry, we couldn't export your visual data right now. Please try again later"

I, as well as another analyst, have been testing different reports and scenarios, and have come up with the following conclusions:

1. We are able to export summarized data in .csv format

2. We are able to export records in .csv format

3. We cannot export summarized data into excel

4. We cannot export underlying data into excel

This has not been an issue as of last week; I personally performed an export last week. We did notice that Microsoft included a new feature in the December release where users can set export options:

" Power BI report designers control the types of data export options that are available for their consumers. The choices are:

• Allow export of only summarized data (this is the default for new reports)

• Allow exporting of summarized and underlying data (this was the default prior to October 2018)

• Don't allow exporting of any data 

We selected the option to allow exporting of summarized and underlying data to 2 reports, republished to powerbi.com, republished the app, yet still had the same result of export not working.

Is anyone having this same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello AGMTB0730,

I had the same problem 2 days ago. I opened a ticket to Microsoft yesterday, they solved the problem this morning. It's definitely a systemic error. No need to wait for the solution here.

PowerBI support   https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this issue: "Error Exporting Data. Sorry, we couldn't export your visual data right now. Please try again later." When trying to export my data. It works on some tabs I have on my report, but not on others. 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

I have made a test on this issue. In power bi desktop we could only export summarized data. However, after I published the report to power bi service. I could export summaried data successfully. Could you share more details?

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jimmy,

I am also able to export summarized data from desktop, but it is only through .csv

Power BI service also allows to download the summary data through .csv format, but not excel (xlsx) format. Also cannot download underlying data using excel (.xlsx) format. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello AGMTB0730,

I had the same problem 2 days ago. I opened a ticket to Microsoft yesterday, they solved the problem this morning. It's definitely a systemic error. No need to wait for the solution here.

PowerBI support   https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.