Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ton-v
Frequent Visitor

Export table to pdf

Hello,

i have done all my reportings, and i am suprised that when i export it to pdf. Powerbi makes only a print screen of what is on screen.

This is really not what i wanted to do, i have more than 60 rows on some reportings and not all my users have a powerbi license. 

Its really frustating that all this work is done for nothing, btw i know that i can export it on csv but then all the formating's gone.

How is that possible that a so simple feature is not on powerbi ? Is there a simple solution to deal with this or is it better to unistall Powerbi and to buy another bi solution ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ton-v ,

The 'export to pdf' option is currently just like taking a screen capture of each report.

To export all rows of the table, it is possible to use "export data" for the table visual, but it is limited for the Export Data feature is used for exporting data without keeping the visual format in.CSV file currently.

Here is an idea you could vote for it to improve this feature.

Export to PDF needs to include all rows in a Table or Matrix visualization

You can try to increase the text size or increase the page size so every entry is visible before exporting to pdf.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry but this is not a solution, i have seen ideas that are there for 3 years and are still not in the program.

Thank you for trying to help me but i will just unistall this BI and will look for another one.

Have a nice day

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI can make use of Power BI Paginated report builder to create pixel perfect reports optimized for exporting and printing. The biggest drawback at the moment is that it can only be published to the power bi service when you have a Premium license. It bassicaly is a version of ssrs but instead you connect directly to the data model in the Power BI Service. You should be able to run the program locally and distribute the reports yourself as a pdf.

Kind regards
Joren Venema

Data & Analytics Consultant
If this reply solved your question be sure to mark this post as the solution to help others find the answer more easily. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.