Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gijs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Export table from report to PDF

Hi All,

I have a report of which the main page basically exists out of one big table with information. There are too many entries to show on the screen so logically the table has a scroll bar. 

When I click on export to PDF at the report it only shows the entries of the table that are visible on the screen instead of the full table. 

Does someone know whether it is possible to get the complete table exported to a PDF?

Best regards,

Gijs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Gijs,

What you're trying to do - exporting data from a report that is published to the web, is unfortunately not possible.

This is possible in Report Server however. CSV -> PDF seems like it should be your best bet.

Alternatively further slicing your data and then publishing should worK.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Another thing you could do is to increase the page size so every entry is visible before exporting to pdf and then revert it back.

Capture1.PNG

This seems to be the best option than, however not really what I would like as this is maybe a bit difficult to explain to the end users.

EDIT: Apparently my quotes do not work well, but this response is on the page size change comment. 

Hey Gijs,

What you're trying to do - exporting data from a report that is published to the web, is unfortunately not possible.

This is possible in Report Server however. CSV -> PDF seems like it should be your best bet.

Alternatively further slicing your data and then publishing should worK.

Is there any plan to get this automatic pagination in place? I read a recent blog post (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/export-report-to-pdf-pptx-and-png-files-using-power-bi-rest...) that seems to point in that direction but it's not totally clear to me.

This is a BIG thing for everyone that needs to share reports using both the service and also in paper and I'm unaware of a good option right now.

cnweke
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey Gijs,

You can't publish just one visual in it's entirety to PDF. What you could do is basically export the table to a CSV, open it up and then save it as a PDF. That should do it.

Mark this as solved if you were helped, if not let me know and I'll try and help you further.

Where can I export the table to a CSV?

You can export it by pressing the ellipsis | ... |

Capture2.PNG

exporting to csv, lost all my viual color and intented format. it is another round of rework plus save csv to pdf extra work every single table???!!!

That's only possible for me in the desktop version and not online, and also others than me should be able to make a PDF of the table once the report is published.

As well I do loose the formatting than ofcourse which is also not really what I like as there is quite some required conditional formatting in the table. So I am afraid this will be difficult unfortinately... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.