Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tony-nuance

Export summarized data not working

I have been using the export data feature for many months without issue until today when exporting data for a matrix visual, the underlying data was exported instead of the summarized data. 

is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tony-nuance

I have worked around this solution by removing a level from a date heirachy field (day).  Even though day is filtered out in the report it was still being exported in the summarised data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tony-nuance

I have worked around this solution by removing a level from a date heirachy field (day).  Even though day is filtered out in the report it was still being exported in the summarised data.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tony-nuance , You have used this option in desktop or Power bi service?

There is small diff:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

yes, that is exactly what I'm trying on both Server and Desktop and in both situations underlying data is provided instead of summarised data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.