Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bitway

Export reposts to Power Bi Desktop

I accidentally deleted my file and pbix been working on it for several weeks, I have published this file in the account Power BI my organization but I need to make changes to published reports. Is there any way to export reports Power BI Desktop Power ?, really urges me.

Thanks for the support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bitway,

Based on Kim’s response in this link, Power BI team is working on this feature that download reports from Power BI Service to a PBIX file that can be modified in Power BI Desktop. You can add your vote in the above link and you would need to wait some time for the release of  the new feature.  

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Bitway,

Based on Kim’s response in this link, Power BI team is working on this feature that download reports from Power BI Service to a PBIX file that can be modified in Power BI Desktop. You can add your vote in the above link and you would need to wait some time for the release of  the new feature.  

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Bitway

Unfortunately, at this point unless you had the data stored somewhere else, it is not possible to download the data model. This is a requested feature that will hopefully make an appearance soon (it was just mentioned in the survey link). Until then, I would recommend keeping a back up copy. Even after all this time, I have multiple copies of each pbix file. Occasionally errors appear that make the data model stop responding and it is always best to have a backup.

I am sorry I do not have better news for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.