Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ammartino44
Helper III
Helper III

Export power bi charts/graphs into excel

Is it possible to create a PDF from Power and/or can I export graphs/visualizations into excel? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ammartino44,

We can print an entire dashboard, a dashboard tile, a report page, or a report visual to PDF from Power BI service. For more details about this, please refer to Printing from Power BI.Smiley Happy 

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GerardKiely

Use Microsoft's Snipping Tool

@ammartino44 wrote:

Is it possible to create a PDF from Power and/or can I export graphs/visualizations into excel? Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody got a solution to this issue, I mean the possibility to export tables and charts as they apear in PBI to Excel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I received same request from end user and could not find it. Has this been implemented?

Thanks.

No I couldn't find that feature. I mean I understand that reports should serve as a final solution, but many time you have to write down actual report in word format. And exporting graph as an image is not a very convinent way to do it. Exporting data is a long process. Something should be done to solve this problem.

Most BI tools don't support exporting to Excel Chart, however you can take a look at SeekTable - it can do that, try "Export" -> "Excel" here: http://demo.seektable.com/report/edb1ee25d81c4acd96d2c9d0f819afde

Also, it supports exporting to Excel PivotTable (pre-configured Excel's PivotTable that has dimensions/measures you selected in a web view), this is also rather unique capability.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ammartino44,

We can print an entire dashboard, a dashboard tile, a report page, or a report visual to PDF from Power BI service. For more details about this, please refer to Printing from Power BI.Smiley Happy 

Regards

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @ammartino44,

I'm not sure about exporting to a PDF, but you can export data to an Excel/CSV format.  

In PowerBI Service, you can export data at the visual level by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right of any visual and clicking "Export Data". This can only be done while in the "Report" section. See below:

Capture15.PNG

This can also be achieved with R. Check out the post here for more information on that method.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.