Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export from Power Bi Desktop or Service to Excel - Gone Wrong

Hey Everyone,

When exporting from Power Bi to excel the numbers don't match between the visual (table) and the export.

The visual table has the correct totals VS the export that ends up displaying less than the visual table. (This obviously affects my totals)

My file has less than 9k rows, after export it goes down to approx 6k rows, leaving out lines of data.

I made sure to reset to default (filters, slicers, etc) before exporting, and attempted to export Excel, CSV, Dax Studios. Can't seem to get it to work.

It's a very simplistic table which consists of only 13 columns and no dates involved.

If I had 150k+ rows I could understand that I may need to export via Dax Studios, but in this case I'm out of solutions.

Please help 🙂

Thanks,
Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Created an index column for all the transaction tables to extract all the rows available in the table.

If the problem persists,could you share the sample pbix via cloud service like onedrive for business?(Please mask any sensitive data before uploading)

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Created an index column for all the transaction tables to extract all the rows available in the table.

If the problem persists,could you share the sample pbix via cloud service like onedrive for business?(Please mask any sensitive data before uploading)

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.