Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amir_tohidi
Helper I
Helper I

Export error: "Your data is too large. Some data sampling may occur."

Hello,

I have created a report that contains 47,678 rows. As not everyone has Power BI Desktop, I am trying to export the data to a CSV file and I am getting the error shown below.

I do not have the option of publishing to the Power BI cloud as that is not enabled for my company.

Is there any other way I can export the data into CSV/Excel?

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amir_tohidi

This is a known issue, please vote the idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9609906-export-powerbi-desktop-to...

I suggest you directly import the source data into the Excel/CSV file. For example, if it's from SQL table, you can copy the query result set into Excel worksheet.

Regards,

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Hi
I want to know how Large data can be exported to csv/xlsx from Published power BI report. Currently some data are missing from the exported csv file compared to the original matrix.

Can you please explain why there is a difference between direct import and export -> import.

Like when what happens when you click continue. Does that limit the number of rows that get exported? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Not a solution

This is so... lame....

I came here for a "Solved" issue only to find out it is NOT solved at all, not even in 2021... and the so-called "solution" is to for us, paying customers, to "beg your provider" (ie. vote) to do what they are supposed to do...
So unprofessional 😞

Is there any point in voting for an issue that is marked as "completed" as the one you are referring to is?

The size limit seems ridicously low. What are the exact limitations? Is it the total data size or number of rows or what?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Couple questions:

First, when you are exporting the data, are you using the ellipses "..." in the visual and exporting that way?

Second question, what is the source of your data, where is it coming from?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes, I am using the Export data option by clicking the ... on the top right of the report:

Capture.PNG

The data for the report comes from SQL Server tables that I imported into PBD. The PBD has some custom DAX functions.

Dear users/Microsoft,

Please don't tell me that PBD is incapable of exporting 47K of data! If I am unable to export this data then 5 days of analysis, learning PBD + DAX has been a total waste of my time.

Is there any way I can get my report's data out of PBD? For a tool that can ingest data from so many sources, it does not offer much in terms of export! Is that by design or ...?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.