Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

juliliscarmo
Helper I
Helper I

Export dataset - table to Excel via Flow

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to copy a Power Bi database to excel and when the database is updated this update occurs in my excel file.

Thank you very much!

Juli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  juliliscarmo, 

It seems that you want to export data  to Excel and want to sync data when powerbi refresh, right?

Your requirement can't be achieved currently, when you export data to Excel, it just download the data instead of connection, so you can't update when powerbi dataset update.

You could try to use Excel to connect powerbi dataset, which connection is live, meaning that each interaction on the Pivot table will initiate a query to Power BI to get fresh data. You could refer to Connect and analyze Power BI data directly from Excel, with the July update of Power BI publisher fo... for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  juliliscarmo, 

It seems that you want to export data  to Excel and want to sync data when powerbi refresh, right?

Your requirement can't be achieved currently, when you export data to Excel, it just download the data instead of connection, so you can't update when powerbi dataset update.

You could try to use Excel to connect powerbi dataset, which connection is live, meaning that each interaction on the Pivot table will initiate a query to Power BI to get fresh data. You could refer to Connect and analyze Power BI data directly from Excel, with the July update of Power BI publisher fo... for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.