Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stefkk
Frequent Visitor

Export data to .xls file

Hi

I'm hoping this is a very simple question.

I have a power BI Pro license. Frpm Power BI desktop, I would like to export the data in my visualisations to an .xls file. 

The only option I seem to get is a .csv file, which will not do for my purposes. I have seen here that it should be possible, however I have not been able to find out how. Can you help?

Thank you

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @stefkk ,

Normally, if we have created the report in power bi desktop we could publish it to power bi service.

power bi service.PNG

You could publish to your app workspace and then export the data like below.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

You can then convert the csv to xls by opening the csv on excel app.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @stefkk ,

Currently, we only could export the data with .csv formt in power bi desktop.

From the document, we could see that it allows us to export data with .xlsx format in power bi service.

I'm afraid that there is no option for us to export data to .xls currently in power bi.

You could post your idea in power bi ideas forum and add your comments.

Best  Regrads,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by this comment:

From the document, we could see that it allows us to export data with .xlsx format in power bi service.

What is Power Bi service? How do I do this? Is this the same as publishing it to my workspace etc? 

Thanks

Hi @stefkk ,

Normally, if we have created the report in power bi desktop we could publish it to power bi service.

power bi service.PNG

You could publish to your app workspace and then export the data like below.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.