Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kumar27
Advocate V
Advocate V

Export data from Power BI desktop into multiple tabs of the same excel sheet ?

Can we Export data from Power BI desktop into multiple tabs of the same excel sheet ?

6 REPLIES 6
MichaelDoig
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, I used to do this all the time in SSRS.

Here is an article describing it in Paginated Reports, which I have just verified works as intended: https://www.sqlshack.com/exporting-ssrs-reports-to-multiple-worksheets-in-excel/

rmsolfest
Advocate I
Advocate I

The following Microsoft doc suggests that it can be done (create an Excel file with multiple worksheets from one paginated report).  Does anyone have experience doing this?

Pagination in Power BI paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Following up late:  One can use PBI Report Builder to create a paginated report that can export to multiple tab Excel file.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kumar27 

You can use DAX Studio to export tables to CSV files from Power BI Desktop. Go to Advanced > Export Data and choose CSV Files, then follow the steps in Export Data Wizard. This will export tables into separate csv files. You could use other tools or methods to combine them into multiple tabs of the same excel workbook.

010401.jpg

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you can copy entire table in the model view and paste it on the excel manually, export data from a visual in the options panel of the visual, or create a excel coneected to a BI dataset on power bi dataset , this will work as a power pivot with direct connection to the dataset. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.