cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

Export data from Power BI desktop into multiple tabs of the same excel sheet ?

Can we Export data from Power BI desktop into multiple tabs of the same excel sheet ?

4 REPLIES 4
Regular Visitor

The following Microsoft doc suggests that it can be done (create an Excel file with multiple worksheets from one paginated report).  Does anyone have experience doing this?

Pagination in Power BI paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @kumar27 

You can use DAX Studio to export tables to CSV files from Power BI Desktop. Go to Advanced > Export Data and choose CSV Files, then follow the steps in Export Data Wizard. This will export tables into separate csv files. You could use other tools or methods to combine them into multiple tabs of the same excel workbook.

010401.jpg

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Super User IV
Super User IV

@kumar27 , I doubt that. May be you can use R or Python code for that

https://pawarbi.github.io/blog/powerbi/python/sql/export/2020/06/23/export-powerbi-sql-python.html

https://owlcation.com/stem/How-to-Export-Data-from-Power-BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Solution Sage
Solution Sage

you can copy entire table in the model view and paste it on the excel manually, export data from a visual in the options panel of the visual, or create a excel coneected to a BI dataset on power bi dataset , this will work as a power pivot with direct connection to the dataset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors