cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Export data doesnt match

I am completely amazed how Power BI developers keep thier jobs!!!  This product is a big disaster mess with idiots running the developemnt of this application. Anyone interested in real data anaylitics, run from Power BI as fast as you can!!! use any other tool but this half baked application!! Save yourself time, Money and effort by immediatly dumping this crappy developed application.

I need to open yet another support case to report yet MORE bugs !!!  When exporting data , this product simply is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen in 40 years in the IT industry!!!

I have a table with 25 columns neatly laid out on screen. I have all the formulas working and released the report Live to senior level staff in our orgnization.  This report took weeks to develop and get just right, while all senior level staff anxiously awaited the completion.  As soon as I released the report to the organization and Senior level staff started exporting data guess what happened?

Your right, his crap tool exports everything completely wrong!!! yes , numbers are off, wrong numbers are in the wrong columns, data simply doesnt make sense. It looks nothing like the table online , and there sure as hell is absolutely NO way to reconcile what staff see on screen and what gets exported.  Boy, did Microsoft make me look like a complete fool to my organization by trusting in this product!

I hate Microsoft at this point!!!   How these developers get away with the pure garbage they create is beyod me.

Anyone considering this tool would be a complete fool to use it in any real life need. This si simply a play novelety Idea with NO real world use! it is simply Garbage!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hello All,

Do we have a solution for the exported file in the dashboard? It's pulling an incorrect result. It's related to role level security, He should only get a data that is intended for him not everything. The dashboard shows right but the exported file doesn't. Please advise as it's a huge issue with all users.

Thanks

Highlighted

Same problem persist. I have table full of various values. When I press to export it to csv file, my number column gets mixed up. 1,2 ish values sometimes become "15.666.666.666.666.600". In report view this is 1.57.  I do however have to agree that software is buggy and at emberassingly crucial area. Especially when there isn't any easy option to just export data in other ways which would provide me with quick fix.  Strangely enough, sometimes Power Bi saves data in properly formated format. I do not need to use excel's text to columns function. Sometimes however it randomly decides not to format data for me and it distorts information. Even if it is portrayed properly in Excel's text to column menu in how it is going to be formated.

Edit: I had managed to painfully solve my own problem. The issue was in how excel separates numbers (dot or comma). If my settings in Excel are not exactly as they need to be, numbers get completely destroyed when I convert csv data into readible excel information. It is impossible to convert it back afterwards. However, if I have correct settings before using text to column function, information transfers correctly.  However, I do think that more export options are needed. This is not yet a feature in Power Bi as far as I know:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/export-data-via-CSV-with-other-delimiter-e-g-semicolon-or-X...

This is why I believe that some users in some extreme cases encounter said issue of Power Bi not exporting its values correctly. Having more options than 1 to rely on while quick exporting your data is important. Power Bi does not have flexibility or power of most programs with their Save As functions and as far as I know, there isn't any other quick way to get your data out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors