Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export data- column header name changed when a filter is used

Hi guys,

I have a table with severals column

A |B |Unity |C |D

There is a filter in the same page to select values of Unity. When I use this filter and export data to xlsx , the name of this column in the excel file has been changed to 'TabName'[Unity].

I would like that it displays only Unity

I tried to change the name of the column in the VALUES part of the table in Desktop.  I changed it to Unity Test and the problem is resolved. After that, I rechange to Unity and the problem came back.

I tried to change the name of the field on Power Query to Unity xxxx, put it in the table and change the name of the column to Unity but it didn't resolve the problem.

Do you know why and where can I unable this automatical change ? I will appreciate others solution If you have.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

This can happen when the same name occurs multiple times. Since Excel does not support duplicate names it will automatically add the alias to the name to avoid doubles.

Regards,

Tim

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
timg
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

This can happen when the same name occurs multiple times. Since Excel does not support duplicate names it will automatically add the alias to the name to avoid doubles.

Regards,

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clue. In fact, my data tables has many same fields that's why the export change the name of the field to distinguish. I changed their name and it worked !

Awesome, good to hear you were able to find the cause!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Timg,

Thank you for taking time to answer me😀

I don't think so because the table contains only one column Unity

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.