Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shabee64
Regular Visitor

Export a pbit template no longer working

When I try to export a PowerBI template, I receive an "Unexpected error" message. The message reads "The given key was not present in the dictionary". I have never experienced this before when exporting a template. I can save the model as a .pbix, but cant export it to a .pbit?

Has anyone experienced his before? Any possible solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
lowie0

I also have the same issue, since upgrading in July it gives me the "The given key was not present in the dictionary" message, whether I attempt save as or export as.  Have attempted to strip out content to identify the item that has caused this.  Could it be a particular visual, particularly since the consolidation of visuals to Windows Store some of mine are not in the library (CollabionPie and Aquarium) could this be a cause of my issues?  

The problem may have actually started from an earlier update, as I have been working on the file before needing it as a template to check into Visual Studio.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

Tom

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Shabee64

I can't reproduce your issue. Did you update your Power BI Desktop into latest version?

You may enable trace and create a support ticket for deep analysis.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.