Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vnkesa123
Employee
Employee

Export Power BI table visual in to excel

Hi,

I have a table visual with 987 rows. Now I want to export this data in to excel as it is. From Power BI service I have tried to export the data in different ways (summarize, underlying and current layout) but I am not getting all the data.

Can any one help me how to export all the data from Power BI table visual?

vnkesa123_0-1634110173975.png

Attached is the screenshot for the same

Regards,

Naresh Kumar

4 REPLIES 4
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vnkesa123 

The limitations in the article mention that if you are in Direct query mode there may be cases where you cannot export completely. You can try reducing columns and exporting multiple times to achieve exporting all columns. It may help you. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and...

Or check if there are some filters has applied to the visual.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HarishKM
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@vnkesa123  You can use this method to export your table in excel,

HarishKM_0-1634112024752.png

Click on the 3 dots on right and then hit export button and it will export an csv file for you and output will be like this in excel.

HarishKM_1-1634112078313.png

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.

Thank you 
Harish

Hi Harish,

Thank you for your help.

But this solution, I have tried. But the data was not downloaded completely. Instead of 987 rows 304 rows got exported to excel.

Regards,

Naresh Kumar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vnkesa123 I'm not sure that it's what you need but when I have had similar requests I did it through DAXStudio:

write DAX in DAXStudio that returns needed table and choose as an output 'linked Excel'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.