Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JananiSethu

Export Power BI table into a python script

Hi,

I need to export the table from the power bi desktop to the python script in a dataframe or JSON format and this has to be done without publishing it in the power bi workspace.

Please help me if there is any solution for this.

Thanks,

Janani S

5 REPLIES 5
alexrm

Hello, as stated in another forum post, I have recently created an utility for python, aiming to read tables data from any locally opened PowerBI report. You can take a look at https://pypi.org/project/pbi-local-connector/. Don't hesitate to share feedback about it!

MallikarjunaBan
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for writing this. My requirement is to export a Power BI visual content into a excel  file with 1.5 million records on average per day and save it in my local drive. Is there a way to do this as well.  specific for a table visual i need .

Thanks,

Bandi

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @JananiSethu ,

Here is a link that might be of use to you. Export data from Power BI to csv using Python – The BIccountant

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

Hi @davehus,

Thanks for the suggestion.

But my requirement is to get the table in the data frame or JSON format directly to python. I cannot store it in a CSV file and again read it through python.

Hi @JananiSethu ,

I understand now. I don't know of any mechanism to do it from Desktop. There may be a way to do it through a PowerBI pro licence and an using the xmla endpoint but I've not tried it and it's not what you need anyway, as that's all in the service.

Maybe someone else on the community might know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.