Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export Data option not visible

Hi,

I have dataset and i have shared one report page to user and the user didn't see the export option. I have given read and reshare permissions.

Thanks,

vamsi

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @VamsiKrishna98 ,

Have you enabled the following setting in Power BI Desktop before publishing your report to Power BI Service?

Pragati11_0-1660031707091.png

If yes and it still doesn't work, then share some screenshots around what issue is coming at your end.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

Thanks Pragati. We have enabled the 2nd option as shown below. What is different between 1 and 2 options?

VamsiKrishna98_0-1660032663350.png

Hi @VamsiKrishna98 ,

- 1st option allows users to export data shown on the visual: in the layout shown on visual 

- 2nd option aloows users to export the underlying data behind creating this visual along with the data shown on the visual. Underlying data could be the raw data shown in a different way on your visual.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

9 REPLIES 9
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @VamsiKrishna98 ,

Have you enabled the following setting in Power BI Desktop before publishing your report to Power BI Service?

Pragati11_0-1660031707091.png

If yes and it still doesn't work, then share some screenshots around what issue is coming at your end.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks Pragati. We have enabled the 2nd option as shown below. What is different between 1 and 2 options?

VamsiKrishna98_0-1660032663350.png

Hi @VamsiKrishna98 ,

- 1st option allows users to export data shown on the visual: in the layout shown on visual 

- 2nd option aloows users to export the underlying data behind creating this visual along with the data shown on the visual. Underlying data could be the raw data shown in a different way on your visual.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi Pragya,

I have enabled 1st option and then i shared the report. Still not getting export option. I sharing the single report page not all the pages existing in dataset. If I share the all the pages at sigle time then i am getting export option.

Thanks,

Vamsi 

Hi @VamsiKrishna98 ,

My name is Pragati first thing.

2nd thing can you share some screenshot here please?

The export functionality works at a report level that is published in PBI Service.

And this functionality is enabled on all the report pages.

I am not sure how you are just sharing a single page of your report in PBI Service. Is it a new report with just single page? If yes then make sure you have similar settings enabled on this report with single page.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks Pragati. I have made single page live and shared as shown in below screenshots.

VamsiKrishna98_0-1660049235018.pngVamsiKrishna98_1-1660049302183.png

Hi @VamsiKrishna98 ,

1st thing you are using a Dashboard not a report.

2nd thing, I tried to pin a page from my report to a dashboard and I do see the export data option:

Pragati11_0-1660050930598.png

I am definitely not sure why it is not coming for you.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi,

I have enable the underlying option in power bi desktop and published to service. But still for user underlying option not enabled.  I have Implemented RLS for my dashboard. Is it causing an issue?

Thanks,

Vamsi

Thanks for your reply. We have enabled the second option. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd.

VamsiKrishna98_0-1660032531299.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.