cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelley Member

Re: Export Data - Data Exceeds the Limit

I am having this same issue. It sounds like you've confirmed it will not truncate the data at least up to 10,000 records, but how do we know for sure when receiving the error. We're supposed to be able to download 150,000 records. I am unsure as to whether or not I have a complete data set when using this feature.

Every release of Power BI seems to result in more bugs. These new bugs every month waste so much time. It's really frustrating.

alex139 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

You can't, unless you count the rows in your visual. As a workaround, I suggest using the October version until this gets fixed permanently,

GUA Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I too have this issue - and running on the Jan '18 update.

What is the status on this issue??

darkocernik Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm running the Version: 2.56.5023.942 (March)  and still have the same issue. Also, it seems a maximal number of rows which can be exported is 30000!

darkocernik Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm running the Version: 2.56.5023.942 (March)  and still have the same issue. Also, it seems a maximal number of rows which can be exported is 30000!

LetiMS Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I'm facing the same issu with the Version: 2.56.5023.942 (March) . It seems a maximal number of rows which can be exported is 30000!

ovetteabejuela Established Member
Established Member

Yes, apparently. Also it's still is doing that thing where it removes duplicate columns, well different headers but the same content - not a good design but yes I really intended to put a duplicate column. PowerBI removes the twin column and leaves only one.

Super User III
Super User III

Hey,

the documentation states that there is a limit of rows that can be exportet to csv, this limit is 30000 rows.

Using the target format xlsx this limit is 150k rows, the export to xlsx option is available in Power BI Service.

These limits are described here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-export-data

Please don't ask me why such a limit exists 🙂 I'm just the messenger

Regards

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
I accept Kudos :-), If you find my post helpful.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

ovetteabejuela Established Member
Established Member

@TomMartens,

Thanks, but that is definitely new information and I think everyone who came to this thread aren't aware. Prior to November update there was no such limitation.

Okay then I think I rest my case, though I'm curios WHY.

Limits it is!

zhou23 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do I change export format to excel?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors