Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Export Data - Data Exceeds the Limit

Hello,

still get the same issue with version of april 2019 .... the data are troncated at 30000 rows for csv files from the desktop .... i don't understand what is the idea behind limiting the file size but it's clearly painful

i've heard that i should be able to export to XLSX from the sevice (up to 150000 row) but i couldn't find the option

Can you help me?

thanks

Highlighted

@LY18 , you can't access Excel option from Power BI dev app. You can see it only from the published report. So save, publish, go to report url, then the export pop up will ask which format.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@LY18 Once the report is published to powerbi.com, hover over the visual you want to export and three dots should appear in the upper right corner. You can then select Export and continue exporting to Excel file format.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

thanks for both feedbacks 😉

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Shelley , what version of the Power bi report.pbix file is ? because I am using october 2017 version of .pbix file and the report server is Jan 2019, still I am not able to find the mentioned option in the published report.

> Please provide a screen shot next to selecting the eclipse to export the file 

Thanks, 

Prabhu

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Prabhu_MDUThere is a bit of a tricky gotcha to this. In order to see the export option (even the three dots for that matter), the Visual Header must be turned on, on the visual. So, in the desktop pbix file, click on the visual for which you want to be able to export and then go to the paint roller formatting pane. Look down at the bottom where it says Visual header and turn it on. Here's a screenshot. When you publish, the option (three dots) should now show upon hovering on the visual.

Annotation 2019-11-13 074142.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@Shelley  Hoorray... it works.. Thanks a lot.. 

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You're welcome @Prabhu_MDU - Glad I was able to assist!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Just updating the new URL from @TomMartens  answer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and...

Did my reply helpful to you ? Please give Kudos

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors