Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kamakay
Regular Visitor

Export Csv with locale settings

Dear all

I would like to know if it is possible to export data from tiles/charts cnosidering the computer locale instead of the powerbi settings.

Let me explain, I am using powerbi with dicimal nubers with "." as decimal separator (english us) but our customers are Italian and would export the csv with "," s decimal separator.

Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance

Kama

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Kama,

In Power BI Service, it will not consider local computer region when exporting data from a visual. To set decimal separator as “,” for numbers, you need to change Language as Italiano in Settings page.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi!

I tried to change settings to Italian Language but I still export decimal nmbers with the english separator instead of the italian separator, the comma ",".

What could be your suggestion?

Thanks again

Kama

I had the same your problem , I solved by removing, in the data editor, the comma as thousands separator (it was an obvious mistake)

I also have this problem.

What do you mean with "in the data editor" ?

Is this a setting within Power Bi, Excel, Windows, ... ?

If this is a setting within Power Bi, can you tell me where this setting is located ?

Hi,

you must go to "Modeling" and to select your field from the fields frame. You'll find "Data type","Format", etc

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@kamakay there is locale option to specify regional settings but not sure if that would have any effect on export as it is under Data Load. My feeling is it is for import of data but you can try it out.

Under File on top left hand corner -> Options and settings -> Options -> Under CURRENT FILE -> Data Load

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.