Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Exeon
Frequent Visitor

Exponential change in data on a graph by week

So Basically I have a starting Stock situation.

I have a table with events that impact the stock every week (by weeknumber)

With a simple measure I calculate the starting stock situation and get an end result on how much stock I have by the end of all the weeks.

The result is correct, however if I try and add it to a graph while adding the weeknumbers of the impact it will give me the original stock and the impact of that week without caring for the chance of the previous week.

So week 1 it will calculate the stock correctly, but week 2 the result will be Original stock -+ impact of week 2 instead of results of week 1-"X" +- impact current week.

So how can the graph increase or decrease exponentially?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Exeon ,

Not very clear about your desciption, could you please share some sample data and show the expected result for further test?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

So the "Graph" below is the result of the stock situation in W1 with the impact of 29 weeks, the end result is correct I've double checked that

1.png

Now in my data I have a collum that indicates what week the impact is from, when I apply this to the Axis of this graph I expect to see the stock changes week by week, but this is my result, instead of seeing my data change week by week it just compares the original stock data with what happened in "THAT" week so the end result here is the original stock +- the impacts of week 29 not caring for the previous 28 weeks.

3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.