Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Explanation pages for calculations

Hello,

My organization has just adapted Power BI and have made all the necessary visuals and calculations. However, my task is to create a way to display information for each one of those visuals so that anyone accessing the rapport can see how the calculations is done. I've thought about tooltips, but that is not always enough space for me to display everything I need.
Is there a way for me to make an "information tab" where all the information is displayed and i can access via an icon (Depending on which icon is pressed; different information will be presented) or do I have to make a new tab for each information page?

Any other tips on how to provide information for visuals is ofcourse always appreciated!

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Msta
Helper I
Helper I

Consider using a bookmark from "view" ribbon; You canput everything on one Tab and "conditional hide/unhide" based on selected bookmark.

View solution in original post

Msta
Helper I
Helper I

I think the answer is yes. I would like to suggest adding a specific name for TextBox and Bookmark for readability.
Fast example:

Msta_0-1623064210682.png

Msta_1-1623064229612.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Msta
Helper I
Helper I

I think the answer is yes. I would like to suggest adding a specific name for TextBox and Bookmark for readability.
Fast example:

Msta_0-1623064210682.png

Msta_1-1623064229612.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

I am very grateful for you takning your time to answer amateurs such as myself. 

I look forward to the journey of power bi 🙂

Msta
Helper I
Helper I

Consider using a bookmark from "view" ribbon; You canput everything on one Tab and "conditional hide/unhide" based on selected bookmark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this might be exactly what I am looking for. But I have a question about it;

If want to define 10 different visuals, will I put each definition on top of each other and use the conditional hide/unhide to get to the right function?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.