Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Explanation of behaviour in tables

Hello,

I would like to adress an interesting case I encountered and get some info on that.

So, I had two table, with one-to-many relationships.

I created a table (not matrix) with values of the 'one' table (the one with distinct values).

I added columns from the other tables , using default summarization 'Don't Summarize' .

As a result, not all the rows from the 'one' table where shown: the ones with no values in the second table where missing.

I expected to see all rows from the 'one' table, with Blank values for columns of the 'many' table.

Can you please explain why does this happen? Is this some kind of default behaviour?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

You probably have to select the "Show items with no data" option for the first field in your table. On the same menu where you choose "Don't summarize". See the screen cap below. By default blanks are omitted in visuals. 

image.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

You probably have to select the "Show items with no data" option for the first field in your table. On the same menu where you choose "Don't summarize". See the screen cap below. By default blanks are omitted in visuals. 

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @AlB !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors