Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmmalkin
Frequent Visitor

Expanding row height/padding in "Clustered bar charts"

How do you expand row height/padding in "Clustered bar charts"

I know that matrix visualization allows you to pad rows under "paintbrush" but paintbrush allows no such option for "Clustered bar charts"

6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@dmmalkin

Why do you have to "pad rows" in a clustered bar chart? What is the scenario in your case?

In any case, you can submit an idea, though I don't think it won't get too many votes if the scenario is not common.

Here is a link to the tile in question:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDVkMDhiM2EtZDdjOC00NTg5LWExNTYtNzQ0MzNhNjA4ZDA3IiwidCI6IjMyY...

There are 725 rows. Power BI squashes each row so much that the numbers on the bars print over one another. Any ideas on how to spread each row out so that each row has mor vertical space?

@dmmalkin

Thanks for that link. I get your scenario now.

Could you try a Stacked Bar Chart instead? It would have a better presentation. If a Clustered Bar Chart is still prefered, try to show partial data and use the slicer to find a specific one/ones.

Thanks for your reply.

The Stacked Bar chart option would not work for what we are doing because we want to see actual usage levels, not %.

While showing filtered data for a select few will definitely work, that will not provide the ultimate need we have of being able to view all of the clients at once. So if you know of any way to expand the vertical space for each individual row, that would be greatly appreciated.   🙂

I have also noticed that Power BI seems completely geared to viewing data on a computer screen or tablet screen, and scrolling down if there are more rows/columns than fit on the screen. So how would you print off such scrolled data? Can a tile be imported to Excel?

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@dmmalkin, as far as I know that there is no way to expand the vertical space for each individual row. You can submit one idea on the Power BI Ideas forum. In addition, the scrolled data will not be printed.

And it is possible for you to import Power BI tiles into Excel. You need to download and install the "PowerBI Tiles". For the details, check this article

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dmmalkin I don't see it availalble for clustered bar chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.