Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RGouda
Frequent Visitor

Expanding columns is taking longer time from my Mongodb source with my PowerBI free trial account.

Currently, I am using PowerBI free account and MongoDB as a source. Imported all the required collections from my database and tried to expand the arrays in those collections in Power Query at PowerBI Desktop. It takes a lot of time to expand the columns in those arrays and never ends. Can you please let me know the alternative approach? Will my free trial account affect the performance? 

Data size < 1GB.

RGouda_2-1653302465030.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RGouda
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak Finally, made progress with this expansion issue by creating a parameter containing the latest DateTime. My collection has updated DateTime column.

Firstly, filtered the update DateTime column in the collection with my parameter and then expanded the table. Later on, we can manage those parameters in the PowerBI service. With the expansion, data size might be increased over 1GB.
But the refresh on PowerBI service is taking very long time after I remove the latest DateTime in newly created parameter. Is that because of my free trial account? If I take Pro license, will the refresh issue going to be resolved?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RGouda
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak Finally, made progress with this expansion issue by creating a parameter containing the latest DateTime. My collection has updated DateTime column.

Firstly, filtered the update DateTime column in the collection with my parameter and then expanded the table. Later on, we can manage those parameters in the PowerBI service. With the expansion, data size might be increased over 1GB.
But the refresh on PowerBI service is taking very long time after I remove the latest DateTime in newly created parameter. Is that because of my free trial account? If I take Pro license, will the refresh issue going to be resolved?

RGouda
Frequent Visitor

Can anyone please explain how to expand using M parameters or help to resolve this issue?

Thanks

RGouda
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak: Can you please let me know how to expand using M parameters?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RGouda , Put a filter step and then expand using M parameters. You can change the filter in the power bi service if needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.