Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lachlanP
Helper II
Helper II

Expanding a visual with a button - keep duplicate visual in sync

Hi all,

I am using the decomposition tree to display heirarchical data and work as a sort of slicer at the top of my page (working great). I'm trying to add a button to expand this visual so that more levels can be viewed and selected.

What I've done is duplicated the decomp tree visual and expanded the size. I then added some bookmarks and expand/collapse buttons to show/hide the expanded visual. 

The problem is when the expanded visual is made visible, the selection on the decomp tree is different than the smaller visual. Is there any way to keep these two visuals selections in sync? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lachlanP ,

To my knowledge, it is not supported to keep two decomposition trees with the same selections based on your description.

However, you can try to use focus mode to see more detail in you visual. Focus mode lets you expand (pop out) a visual to see more detail.

focus mode.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lachlanP
Helper II
Helper II

@Pragati11 , Here are some screenshots

This is the decomp tree in collapsed form. It takes up a small space at the top of the page above the table, however, when there is a lot of data, this small space doesnt show enough detail.

lachlanP_0-1637341249835.png

As there isnt an option for dynamic sizing of visuals, I added a duplicate visual of the decomp tree and made it bigger. I then added the "+" button (seen on the above pic) to activate a bookmark which makes the larger visual visible.

lachlanP_1-1637341387952.png

The problem is that the larger visual doesnt maintain the selections of the smaller one, so this doesnt do a good job. I'm trying to create a work-around solution for the lack of dynamic sizing.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lachlanP ,

To my knowledge, it is not supported to keep two decomposition trees with the same selections based on your description.

However, you can try to use focus mode to see more detail in you visual. Focus mode lets you expand (pop out) a visual to see more detail.

focus mode.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @Icey , I forgot about that functionality. That is what I was looking for.

HI @lachlanP ,

Thank you so much for sharing the screenshots. This makes issue more clearer.

Is it possible for you to share the pbix file where you have got this done by removing any sensitive information?

You can share the pbix file via dropbox link or weTransfer.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @lachlanP ,

Can you please add some screenshots on the query?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.