Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expanded Table ,the index of the previous step of the data has changed

Hi Guys,

I only made an operation to extend the table, but the index of the previous step has changed. I don't know why this is the cause. Can you help me check it out?

first step

the second step

Just did the following:

steps

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you click the expand option in the upper right side of your 1st page screenshot ,the following expanded page is a new table page totally, you can convert the last two steps to find differences, and the NewIndex maybe one of the differences.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai @v-xicai 

I don't know if this is a bug, I did some test data, Below is my repro step:

let 源 = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Team"]}[Content], #"Step 1 Change Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(源,{{"UserName", type text}, {"Score", Int64.Type}}), #"Step 2 Sort" = Table.Sort(#"Step 1 Change Type",{{"UserName", Order.Descending}, {"Score", Order.Descending}}), #"Step 3 Group By" = Table.Group(#"Step 2 Sort", {"UserName"}, {{"All Line", each Table.AddIndexColumn(_, "Rank", 1, 1), type table}}), #"Step 4 Expand “All Line”" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Step 3 Group By", "All Line", {"Score", "Rank"}, {"Score", "Rank"}), #"Step 5 Meger Query" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Step 4 Expand “All Line”", {"UserName"}, Level, {"UserName"}, "Level", JoinKind.LeftOuter), #"Step 6 Expand ""Level""" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Step 5 Meger Query", "Level", {"Level"}, {"Level.1"}) in #"Step 6 Expand ""Level"""

Step 2 Sort two column2.png

Step 3 I added an index in order to record rank 3.png

Step 4 Expand Table4.png

Step 5 Left join query, join the level table below5.png

5-1.png

Step 6 Expanded Table, the index of the previous step of the data has changed6.png

Since the index is added before, why is the order of the latter still changing? This will cause trouble for people. Later I found that if you add an index with a custom formula after sorting, the results displayed will be incorrect. If there is no sorting that starts first, the result of the last step is the same as the result of the step of indexing.

Expect: The result I expect is that what the eye sees is the desired result, and does not cause harm to others.

In addition: I don’t know how to attach test data, if you need I can send it by email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai 

这两步只有截图中的几行数据,都是提前过滤好,用来查找差异的。

如果我把第一步的数据重新建一个表来操作,没有任何问题。

其实我有疑问的是,两个步骤之间,就进行了一个扩展表的操作,对应关系按理来说不应该变,这里是不是有Bug,还是有其它好的办法来查找根本的原因。

Note:在这之前我有合并查询过,不知道有没有这个原因。重点是【下一步的操作,上一步的原始数据变了】

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.