Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Expanded Column Source causing issues when applying query

Hi,

I get the following error message when trying to apply a query which has had a column expanded:

"Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [Expression.Error] The Column 'Column1' of the table wasn't found.. '."

I believe this is because when the Column1 column was expanded in my data source that it is theoretically no longer there when the query is being applied.

My query is as follows:

let
    PageRange = {1..100},
    Source = List.Transform(PageRange, each try {_, GetData(_)} otherwise null),
    First = List.FirstN(Source, each _ <> null),
    Table = Table.FromRows(First, {"Page", "Column1"}),   
    Expanded = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Table, "Column1", {"id", "uid", "siteId", "siteUid"})
in
    Expanded

I've done research on here but all threads don't seem to end in a solution.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Shaun,

It can work in my test based on your description here. I'm afraid there could be something wrong in other parts. You named the column "Column1". So that would not a problem. Please refer to the snapshots below.

Can you share the code of GetData? Please mask the sensitive parts.

Expanded-Column-Source-causing-issues-when-applying-query

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. I think i know the issue.

My code pulls down entries from a data source where i don't know how many entries there will be (hence the PageRange). As such at the end of the data set the last row always errors which i think then causes the initial problem... still not sure how to fix it though!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.