Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhodges720
Frequent Visitor

Expand function changes date format

I have two tables that I need to link by date and serial number.  I have created a custom column that concatenates the two fields together.  Since one field is date field my concatenation is I created a new column for the date field that was text only.  The resulting field works fine:

SN & FailDate Concatenation.PNG

After the expand the date format has changed:

SN & FailDate Concatenation After Expand.PNG

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I've tried all the formatting options and nothing solves the problem.

Thanks,

Mark

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mhodges720,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mhodges720,

How did you expand something? Can you share a sample?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I had a merge query add a couple of fields from one database table another.  Once the merge was done I had to expand the merged table and select the fields I wanted added to my original data.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if I haven't answered your question.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can you share a sample file that can show up the issue? According to my test and your information here, it should work. 

Please download the demo in the attachment. I would suggest you format the [Faild] column first.

[text] & "-" & Text.From([textdate], "en-us")

Expand-function-changes-date-format

Best Regards,
Dale

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @mhodges720,

I can't replicate the issue on my computer, check if have any Changed Type step on your query that is maing that transformation after the expanding or just before.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.