Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jtp64

Expand List and match field to show data

I have a table expanded that has an embedded list.  The list contains records. Unfortunately, because the lists are applied to each row, it causes the row to be duplicated. So I need to be able to extract the list into columns and somehow get rid of the duplicate rows.  There are now unique keys for each row.

There are three records, key, namespace and value.  I want to be able to expand the list, but create new columns based on each "key", then populate that column with the data in the corresponding value field.  For example, row 1 has list with records of key=account_string, namespace=null (I don't need namespace) and value=45. row 2 may have key=company, value=ab.  I would end up with

account_string      company

45                       ab

jtp64_0-1635253589104.png

Hope that make sense.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You can apply "Remove duplicate" on multiple columns (Ctrl + click to choose multiple columns). And then I'd just add an index column or custom column like you mentioned where the column will be mix of your key columns.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks.  My bigger issue is getting the "list" expanded and converted into columns. That is where I am struggling.  I have looked at list.transform, etc but have not had good luck yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.