Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CraigSchulz
Helper II
Helper II

Expand Column Containing list of Records from API Call

First, I know there are similar threads, but I did not see any just like this. Following an API call I have this:

Candidates API call.PNG

What command or function should I use in order to return a table where the records have been expanded to include all the fields in a record? If I click on list, I get the following:

CandidatesTable.PNG

I attenpted to us Table.ExpandRecordColumn but ended up with an error along the line of "Type Error - could not convert type list to type table.

What should I use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The argument would be the list within the 'object' field since it contains a list of records  @CraigSchulz

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@CraigSchulz

From what I understand, you would use Table.FromRecords function in order to convert a list of records into a table

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Thanks, that seems right. I'm trying it, but what is the argument that I should pass to Table.FromRecords(<records as list>)? The Syntax help in Microsoft Docs isn't very helpful.

The argument would be the list within the 'object' field since it contains a list of records  @CraigSchulz

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Thanks! That worked great, and so much simpler than what I had been trying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.