Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jdt008
Advocate II
Advocate II

Expand/Collapse +/- option in Row Headers formatting section not displaying

In the November Desktop release, we are supposed to have the ability to select the +/- display option in the Row Headers formatting section.  We are not receiving that option after we updated PBI Desktop to 2.64.5285.582 64 bit.  Any thoughts on why that is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jdt008,

Please update your Power BI desktop to November version, the latest one is 2.64.5285.741. Then you can turn on below option for matrix visual. For more information, see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/#expandColla...

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kyucel

Hi,

I am using Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (March 2020) and seems with Azur AAS live connection , +/- icon settings are gone. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jdt008,

Please update your Power BI desktop to November version, the latest one is 2.64.5285.741. Then you can turn on below option for matrix visual. For more information, see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/#expandColla...

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Qiuyun.  I determined that this feature does not work for direct connections to tabular models.

Hi @jdt008,

In this blog, you can see: 

Note that this expand/collapse experience is not currently supported when connecting to AS servers older than 2016 or MD servers.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I have this problem.

Note that this expand/collapse experience is not currently supported when connecting to AS servers older than 2016 or MD servers.

Why is not possible??.

Microsoft, please get it working!

Is there an alternative to get  +/- icon in matrix reports when connected live to SSAS MD cube?

I would really appreciate any suggestion on this.

Thanks,

Ayush

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.