Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

toms20

Executive Reports for Microsoft Planner

I would like to use the Executive Reports for Microsoft Planner app within Power BI to produce reporting for Microsoft Planner.  After installating the app it states " You're viewing this app with sample data. To view your own data, connect and wait for the refresh to complete, then reload the page." Selecting Connect produces a dialog box requesting the URL to Planner's data with OData interface with the following example https://<datamart.site.com>/@<tenant_name>/_odata/Planner.  I know the teanant name but not sure why I need <datamart.site.com>.  I've tried several differnent way but with no success.  

Any assistance would be appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @toms20 ,

After you have created a new plan,open it,then you will fine the URL in the address bar,just copy it.

See what I've marked in red line below:

Annotation 2020-03-06 090654.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
motogrrl

If you are connecting to an environment that is managed and they have not registered or allowed for Odata connections to the Planner data, you will need to ask your administrator to set it up for you.  In addition, it will likely not support Anonymous connections - you will need to at least choose Basic and enter in your company user id and password and then choose "Organization" for the Privacy level. If that does not work it is likely that the data is not accessible to you - either based on license or due to restrictions within the company.

diegoadum
Helper I
Helper I

Hi there! Did you be able to connect to it? I'm having the same problem,but I'm getting this error: 

Failed to update data source credentials: OData: The given URL neither points to an OData service or a feed: 

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @toms20

No need,just fill in with the parameters it requires, where I highlighted in red line,no matter whether it has a default  value,you need to re-write in again.

Annotation 2020-03-05 160920.png

Then sign in with your account and password.

Annotation 2020-03-05 161247.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thank you for the reply.  I am still having issues.  Can you tell me where to find the URL to Planner's data with OData interface which is needed for the first entry box.

Hi @toms20 ,

After you have created a new plan,open it,then you will fine the URL in the address bar,just copy it.

See what I've marked in red line below:

Annotation 2020-03-06 090654.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Has something changed in the last 2 years.  I have done all that is suggested here with no luck.  Had 3 other folks I am talking to that could never get this to work either.   Any further more detailed instructions or a link to a vidio that is helpful?

I am having the same issue. Please advise 

The URL to Planner's data with OData interface: https://<datamart.site.com>/@<tenant_name>/_odata/Planner

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.